In a back-and-forth championship show down, Section Eight defeated Tudes 7-5 Thursday Night. This is the teams 3rd championship, the first team in league history to win 3 championships. This is also John Pie's 4th championship victory.
Now with another great season in the books, time to hand out some awards
Nominees: Sean Gibbons, Andrew Cooney, Katie Fisher, Chris Flemming
This was a tough one this year. Not too many returning players really excelled above their marks from last year. That is the reasoning for only 4 nominees. However, the 4 listed above really stepped their games up this year. In the end, I went with the guy who transformed from streaky decent player, to a legit shooter and team leader.
Winner: Sean Gibbons
Runner-Up: Andrew Cooney
Rookie of the Year:
Nominees: Shane Wiggins, Colin Cooke, Dan Wiseman, Pat Foley, Bobby Pace
This was a tough one this year. There wasn't many people this year that joined the dart league, who have never been in a dart league before. Above may be the entire list. Two of those guys were very deserving however. Even in past years were there was a slew of new talent joining the league, either of these guys could of took Rookie of the Year. Comes down to Wiggins and Cooke. I went with the guy who had the more consistent season and seemed to get better as the year progressed.
Winner: Shane Wiggins
Runner-Up: Colin Cooke
(Veteran) Rookie of the Year:
Nominees: Pat Heminghaus, Brooks Urban, Kev Shirley, Nolan Gallagher
This is a new award due to a lack of pure rookies, and the talent that joined the league this year. All 4 of these guys can win this award easy. I'm not going off just who shot the best. I'm giving the award to the guy I think impacted his team the most.
Winner: Nolan Gallagher
Runner-Up: Kev Shirley
Nominees: John Pie, Joe Imz, Tim Spence, Paul Michael Bennett, Brooks Urban, Keith Shirley
This is hard to decide. Can easily give it to any of the 3 from Sections, as all of them shot great on their road to thechampionship. The other 3 nominees made it to Final 4 or better, and was a major reason their team got that far and so close to the chip. This was honestly the hardest award to decide a winner for.
Winner: John Pie
Runner-Up: Keith Shirley
Regular Season MVP:
Nominees: Vinny Cardona, Paul Michael Bennett, Chris Bowen, Pat Heminghaus, Nick Angelo, John Pie, Brooks Urban, Matt Eck, Kev Shirley, Nick Royak, Nolan Gallagher
I always have 10 or so nominees for this one. It's a tough call this year. I give this award based of the guy who was most detrimental to their teams regular season success. All the shooters listed above are deserving.
Winner: Brooks Urban
Runner-Up: Chris Bowen
Second Runner-Up: Nick Angelo
2. Joe Ro
3. Keith Shirley
7. Bobby Miller
8. Kev Shirley
9. JJ West
10. Billy Kennedy
12. Joe Imz
14. Nick Royak
15. Mary Kate
21. Alex McCann
29. Josh Johansen
Entry Fee for the year is $700 per team:
2 payments of $350 are due no later than:
If you want to just get it all out of the way and pay the $700 in the beginning you are more than welcome to do so! Penalty of not paying by due dates will result in forfeiting your first game of the night each week until dues are paid.
We have changed the rules this year to be more league friendly, so penalties for violating rules will be enforced by the league! The team you are playing no longer has the option of waiving a team penalty!
- You can only shoot FOUR TIMES in one year with only 2 people (If you are facing a team with only 2 shooters, any of your shooters can play as many games consecutive as you like)
- You must give at least 6 HOURS notice of a cancellation!
- A team can cancel TWO TIMES during the year
- You have a 15 MINUTE grace period to start your game
- You can only shoot a player 3 games consecutive. Because of score sheet manipulation, a single player can only shoot in the 1 spot (H1&V1) a total of 7 TIMES in one night.
- If a player is slotted in a top 3 spot on sheet (spot with designated games) then they must play at least one game on the night
Penalties for violating above rules, including missed league payments:
1st Offense - 1 game forfeited
2nd Offense - 2 games forfeited
3rd Offense and up - 3 games forfeited
- You must make 10 WEEKS to be playoff eligible, playing in at least 3 games that night to make the week eligible. If you shoot 2 or less games in a night, that average will not count towards your cumulative average or count as a week played.
- Playoffs will be 1-14 place in Top Bracket, with teams 1-2 receiving byes. And 15-22 in bottom bracket.
- You play each team once (21 game season total).