Congrats to Mad Mac Vending on their second CJ & Eck's dart league championship. The Bombers, in their inaugural year, kept it close early in a 3-3 tie. Then the macs busted it open with four straight wins and the 2016 trophy!
With the 2016 season in the books it's time to give out some awards....
Rookie of the Year:
Nominees: Tony Mont, Jim Forbes, Justin Pop, Andrew Capizzi, Jenn O'Donnell
Winner: Andrew Capizzi
Runner-Up: Jimmy Forbes
This was a 50/50 coin flip. With identical averages, Capizzi gets the edge due to Forbes average dropping late in the year, and Capizzi being on the more competitive team. Remember this award only applies to people in their first ever dart league.
Nominees: Jerry Chicci, Odin, Katie Fisher, Brad (Darty Sanchez), Jimmy Volpe, Tom Turvey, Meredith, Mary Mower
Winner: Jimmy Volpe
Runner-Up: Jerry Chicci
This was another close battle. Volpe gets the edge over the field by jumping his average a 0.4 and also being a vital part to his team's regular season success.
Nominees: Rob Madrak, Sean Keough, Joe Parisse, Nick Royak, Ian Monaghan, Vinny Cardona, Mike Dugan
Winner: Rob Madrak
Runner-Up: Joe Parisse
Really anyone from Mad Mac Vending could of won this award as all 4 of them showed up through the entire playoffs. But it could only go to one person and Madrak was the team's best shooter.
Regular Season MVP:
Nominees: Tom Turvey, Rob Madrak, Vinny Cardona, Chris Bowen, Jerry Santesse, Nick Royak, Nick Angelo, Mike Dugan
Winner: Vinny Cardona
Runner-Up: Nick Angelo
3rd Place: Mike Dugan
It's almost a running joke I have with Vinny, never giving him the League MVP. This year I finally have to cave and give it to him. He finished with the best league average on the best regular season team. Pretty easy choice here. Nick Angelo and Mike Dugan both deserve credit as the runner-ups. I think both teams would have really struggled this year without those shooters.
SEE YA'LL in 2017!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RULE CHANGES FOR 2016:
Entry Fee for the year is $700 per team:
2 payments of $350 are due no later than:
If you want to just get it all out of the way and pay the $700 in the beginning you are more than welcome to do so! Penalty of not paying by due dates will result in forfeiting your first game of the night each week until dues are paid.
We have changed the rules this year to be more league friendly, so penalties for violating rules will be enforced by the league! The team you are playing no longer has the option of waiving a team penalty!
- You can only shoot FOUR TIMES in one year with only 2 people (If you are facing a team with only 2 shooters, any of your shooters can play as many games consecutive as you like)
- You must give at least 6 HOURS notice of a cancellation!
- A team can cancel TWO TIMES during the year
- You have a 15 MINUTE grace period to start your game
- You can only shoot a player 3 games consecutive. Because of score sheet manipulation, a single player can only shoot in the 1 spot (H1&V1) a total of 8 TIMES in one night.
Penalties for violating above rules, including missed league payments:
1st Offense - 1 game forfeited
2nd Offense - 2 games forfeited
3rd Offense and up - 3 games forfeited
- You must make 9 WEEKS to be playoff eligible, playing in at least 3 games that night to make the week eligible. If you shoot 2 or less games in a night, that average will not count towards your cumulative average or count as a week played.
- Playoffs will be 1-12 place in Top Bracket, with teams 1-4 receiving byes. And 13-20 in bottom bracket.
- You play each team once (19 game season total).